- Karen was born in Buffalo, New York
- She attended Mayfield High School in Western Kentucky
- Her first job was removing hot hockey pucks that were just silk screened off a conveyer belt
- In 1979 she left college early to start her first business as a freelance visual merchandiser
- At the age of 22, she founded a public relations and advertising agency that she led for twenty years
- Throughout her career she has held many leadership positions with nonprofit boards and has supported many worthy causes
- In 2000, she moved to Tampa, Florida to pursue her next chapter as a professional speaker, branding consultant and author of branding, marketing and business books
- Her creativity, business smarts, entrepreneurial spirit and branding expertise have earned her clients and opportunities to help organizations and individuals from around the world
Her core beliefs include:
- As individuals and businesses we are responsible for our actions and control 98% of our destinies and outcomes.
- Success is a journey. Happiness is a choice. If these two outcomes are not what you want, take action and make changes.