Internal linking is the most practical way to increase page views and traffic to a website. Many SEO experts believe that external linking from other websites is more effective than internal, but it’s quite the contrary. Visitors tend to stay longer on websites that use internal linking, rather than those that do not, because internal linking makes the site more user-friendly. They also make navigation more simplistic while clicking links on the website. Adding internal links throughout a site allows more control over pages and content. These links are monitored by ‘search crawlers’ that improve search engine ranking which, in turn, makes the website easier to find. Be sure to use the checklist below for your internal linking strategies.
- Link all of your keywords
- Link text from new posts to older posts
- Write up bi-monthly or monthly summaries of your most popular posts, linking back to them
- Write a series of posts that link to each other
- Link to other related posts throughout your site
- If you have an FAQ page or a sitemap, link to other pages in your siteNeed more ideas on improving your search results, check out our SEO Ta-Do list.